More companies are working from home and the digital space is becoming ever important. So here’s 8 SEO tips from Smarter Media. Their SEO expert Rob Curtis has some hints for business owners to be more effective online.
“Digital marketing is important for any business now,” Rob said. “But with the onset of Covid19, lockdown and continuing restrictions on our ability to move around mean it’s even more important to get serious about your digital space.
Rob is one of the directors of SEO and lead generation company Smarter Media. The company has access to world class expertise in the digital space. One of their non-exec directors is Lukasz Zelezny. He’s the former SEO Director of ZPG for brands including Zoopla, PrimeLocation and uSwitch.
“Our expertise means that, even as a small business we can punch above our weight in helping companies to achieve visibility and credibility. With the ultimate goal being growth online. Yet nothing comes without effort and commitment and a belief in the world of digital technology,’ Rob said.
8 SEO tips from Smarter Media that any business can use
1. Ensure you’ve used and optimised your Google My Business entry. That will improve your local SEO performance. Then you should pay attention to the reminders you get and update with posts and information.
2. Check out your website security. Visitors will lose trust and click away if your site comes up with an ‘insecure’ label.
3. Cross content usage. Make your articles work harder for you by having a ‘layered’ approach. Add in podcasts and/or videos with the same messages. You can automate that with Lovo.ai
4. Use a resource to check ‘on page’ SEO (using something like SEMRush) to make sure your website is fully optimised according to what search engines expect.
5. Take advantage of the use of video and enhance the optimisation around it with transcripts, subtitles and tagging.
6. Link building still matters
Getting backlinks is desirable when you can but ensure they’re relevant and from authoritative sites.
7. Ensure you have a reliable hosting provider. Your website must be faster than ever. You don’t want to be waiting or chasing around to get things changed or sorted out. It could end up being a very expensive, cheap option.
8. Page speed and user experience. Advances in technology mean that people expect things as soon as possible. Whether that be a delivery from Amazon or a web page on your site. By providing your visitors with a great user experience you show what it’s like to interact and engage with your business.
Smarter Media is a growing digital agency based in Swindon. The company works with companies large and small throughout the UK including Amaroc, Excalibur and Moovahome.
Their approach is understanding what a client’s competitors are doing and then reverse engineering their digital strategy. Alongside that they gain a deep understanding of a client’s business. With that information they create a strategy that helps a business grow effectively.
For more information visit www.smarter-media.co.uk