Swindon: it’s up to all of us
You’re all aware that, at this time, Swindon is seeing an increase in Covid cases. NOT a desirous situation for anyone. So this post is about sharing the Swindon Council Covid communication. It’s so important that we all take this on board.
We can ALL stop this from getting worse than it is. It’s up to ALL of us!
Follow the rules
If we all follow the rules we can control the virus and keep Swindon safe.
Hands up who wants a local lockdown? No-one? Thought not!
Public health messages:
- If you have symptoms:
- self-isolate – stay at home for 10 days
- get tested – call 119 or book online for a local test
- keep others safe – don’t socialise, don’t go to work, don’t go shopping or mix with anyone outside your household
- When you go out
- wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space – stay at least 2 metres away from people not in your household
- If you have any of these symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested straight away:
- high temperature
- loss of or change to taste or smell
Swindon Council Covid Communication:
It’s up to all of us to take action, right now to prevent any restrictions being placed on us. Wash Hands, Cover Face and Make Space whenever you leave home.
If everyone in our community follows these clear and simple steps, we can control the spread of COVID-19.
Swindon: it’s up to all of us to book a test: gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and self-isolate for 10 days if you have symptoms. Visit www.swindon.gov.uk/itsuptoallofus to find out more
We need everyone in the community who has #COVID19 symptoms to stay at home for at least 10 days. That means, not going to work or the shops. Swindon: it’s up to all of us to prevent the virus from spreading. Visit www.swindon.gov.uk/itsuptoallofus to find out the latest.
So that’s the official message. This is mine:
PLEASE – TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. I’M DUE TO BE A GRANDMA AGAIN SOON. I don’t want to miss that because were in a local lockdown. I don’t want to hear of people I know getting sick – and worse – dying.
PLEASE – wear the blasted masks! I KNOW they’re not fun. Nothing about this is fun for anybody. You’re not special. We’re all in the same boat here.
I’m a chronic asthmatic – it’s not great. But it’s bearable. And it’s a darn sight better than having Covid – or other people have Covid. This is NOT about YOU. It’s about all of us.