Just putting this out there from the visit Wiltshire website: “Swindon has its origin as a small market town, used mainly for barter trade until the mid-1800s. The original Swindon is now known as Old Town. Take time to wander through its quiet courtyards and alleyways or enjoy a vibrant mix of traditional shops and pubs alongside modern outlets and stylish cafes and bars. Use our website to find out more about tourist information in Swindon.”
Read the rest by following the this link: Swindon Tourist Information – Things to Do, Hotels, Events Guide.
Swindon’s Visitor Information Centre is the ideal place to start your visit to the town, here you will find a wide range of services to help you make the most of your time here.
Our friendly staff have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will be pleased to help you. And they do what they say on the tin – they are indeed friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
Our services include:-
- Tickets for many local and national events (click here to see tickets currently on sale)
- Bus, Train and Coach Information, we are also booking agents for Barnes Coaches, Hatts Coaches and Peter Carol Travel
- Theatre Tokens which can be used at many theatres nationwide
- Brochures on holiday and short break destinations thought the UK
- Information on Places to visit, What’s on, where to eat, shopping, sports and entertainment
- We sell a wide range of Books, Maps, Gifts and Souvenirs
So if you are planning on visiting Swindon make sure the Visitor Information Centre is your first port of call.
Visitor Information Centre, Central Library, Regent Circus, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1QG
Tel +44 (0)1793 466454
Fax +44 (0)1793 434031
9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am – 4pm Saturday.