- Born and raised in Whitwell, Derbyshire. Nearest town Worksop, Notts and nearest city Sheffield. So Robin Hood and Peak District country.
- Moved to Swindon with No 1 daughter (okay only daughter) in 1992 or thereabouts
- Worked at Swindon Research Councils for about 16 years until early retirement in 2009
- Did a year volunteering with an adult literacy group at Swindon college and undertook courses in teaching in the lifelong learning sector: PTLLS and CTTLS. Then I went to UWE to get an education! 🙂
- May 2014 – Joint English Hons BA graduate – 1st class don’t ya know!? 🙂
When I left my part of the world to move to this part of the world I left behind an area that was still ravaged from the legacy of the miners’ strike. Coming here truly felt like arriving in the land of milk and honey. Hence to a large extent my fondness for and advocacy of Swindon and the decision to create this Swindon blog.
I have lots of presence on social media so if you use any of those and want to connect here’s how you can do it: You can find me on Twitter @Anjelica1956 and Instagram amaatk123.
The blog has a Facebook page where you will find links to what’s on the blog and much more besides, so connect with me there. Being all over social media like a nasty rash Born again Swindonian is also on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109954713984773136311/109954713984773136311/posts and even YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjwGtJc58wdARTzUla36lg/videos
AA Editorial Services also has the ubiquitous Google+ and YouTube channels and you can find them here:
<a href=”https://plus.google.com/109954713984773136311″ rel=”publisher”>Google+</a>
#swindonblog #swindonia #swindonianblog